CoolSculpting is a non-invasive body contouring procedure that uses innovative cooling technology to freeze and eliminate fat tissue. If you’ve been hearing about CoolSculpting a lot lately, it might be because it is more affordable than liposuction and very effective. Read on to learn more about CoolSculpting in Delray Beach, FL.
- 1 Sculpt Your Fat Away
- 2 About CoolSculpting in South Florida
- 3 Benefits
- 4 Good Candidates
- 5 Your Consultation at Dr. Mylissa’s Medical Boutique
- 6 How to Prepare for CoolSculpting
- 7 CoolSculpting Procedure
- 8 Facts About CoolSculpting
- 9 Recovery
- 10 Results
- 11 How Much Does CoolSculpting Cost?
- 12 FAQ
- 13 References
Sculpt Your Fat Away
You might have some fatty deposits left behind after losing weight, giving birth, or aging. Like glitter, these stubborn pockets of fat just don’t want to go away. You might diet and exercise but still fail to shed those extra bulges. CoolSculpting can help you get rid of that leftover fat.
Dr. Mylissa’s Medical Boutique offers CoolSculpting services for body contouring and fat removal in Delray Beach, FL. Dr. Mylissa Graber helps her patients attain the bodies they dream about. With CoolSculpting, we can shape your troublesome regions into areas of your body that you can be proud of. We are conveniently located to serve patients from Miami to West Palm Beach. For more information, call us at 561-330-9444 or book an appointment online. We look forward to helping you become your best self!
About CoolSculpting in South Florida
One of the biggest problems with fat is how it stubbornly resists our diligent efforts. CoolSculpting solves this problem. CoolSculpting works by targeting, freezing, and eventually destroying fat cells in a specific area of the body. To achieve optimal results with CoolSculpting, it must be performed by a certified professional like one of ours here at Dr. Mylissa’s Medical Boutique. Let us help you feel your best!
Is CoolSculpting a Medical Procedure?
CoolSculpting, also known as cryolipolysis, is a medical procedure. To achieve the best results from cryolipolysis, you must possess a thorough understanding of the medical science it’s based on. Unlike liposuction, CoolSculpting is very safe for the patient. In fact, the procedure is entirely non-invasive. There are no sharp or pointed instruments used, and the patient will experience virtually no downtime after the procedure. CoolSculpting has been cleared by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), so you can be confident the procedure is safe and effective with limited side effects.
- Non-invasive procedure
- Clinically proven fat reduction
- Safe and FDA-cleared
- Zero downtime
- Results that continue to develop over 2-3 months
- Can treat multiple areas
- Natural-looking results
- Long-lasting benefits
- Improved confidence
Ideal candidates for CoolSculpting should be in good health, at or near their targeted body weight, and be non-smokers. You can use it if you are heavier, but the results may not be as dramatic. Recipients should also have realistic expectations. CoolSculpting is not equivalent to bariatric surgery (weight-loss surgery). It is not designed to help people lose significant amounts of weight, in fact the number on the scale will likely not change. Coolsculpt is a fat reduction procedure designed to help patients discard bothersome pockets of fat that don’t respond to exercise. You should postpone any CoolSculpting treatments if you are pregnant or breastfeeding until after. You should also delay any treatments if you are looking to lose a substantial amount of weight.
CoolSculpting Treatment Areas
- Upper arms
- Flanks/love handles
- Bra fat
- Double chin
- Banana roll
Your Consultation at Dr. Mylissa’s Medical Boutique
The best way to determine if CoolSculpting can truly help you achieve your goals is through a consultation. During your personal consultation, you will share your goals, concerns, and medical history. We will then conduct an initial examination of the area(s) that you want to treat and assess your medical history. We will then make recommendations for your treatment.
How to Prepare for CoolSculpting
CoolSculpting is a simple procedure to prepare for, you may be ready for a session right after your initial consultation. For optimal results, you should not be currently taking any blood-thinning medication, such as aspirin, and you should be a non-smoker. You should also avoid tanning or excessive sun exposure in the area that will be treated. On the day of your treatment, make sure to wear loose, comfortable clothing. You don’t want to get dolled up for your procedure. That’s best saved for afterward when you can enjoy your results.
During a CoolSculpting procedure, the patient simply sits back and relaxes, and can just rest or enjoy entertainment on their phone. One of Dr. Mylissa’s medical professionals will first apply a gel to the area being treated. Then, they will attach the CoolSculpting applicator to the region. The patient might feel intense cold in the treated area, but this feeling usually dissipates as the area becomes numb. After the treatment, the area may be massaged. Massaging helps to further break loose the fat deposits and can aid the procedure in eliminating the maximum amount of fat. The patient can easily return to regular activities right away!
Facts About CoolSculpting
- #1 non-invasive fat reduction procedure
- Lose 25% of the targeted fat after 1 treatment
- Results are not immediate: takes 3-4 months to see the full effects
- CoolSculpting works by freezing the fat which causes the cells to die through “apoptosis”
- Temporary side effects include numbness, tingling, bruising, swelling, and slight discomfort
- You can treat an area a second time in a few months and lose another 25% of fat from the same area
- Most areas take 2-4 applications based on the size of the area treated, although may require more
- Applications are done in the same day and each application can take anywhere from 30-45 minutes
- A personalized consultation is needed to see exactly what treatment is right for you
- Pricing is based on the area of concern, size of the area, etc which is why the consultation is extremely important. For the best results, it is important that you use the appropriate number of applicators for the area
- Treatments are individualized to meet your specific needs so book your consultation today
With CoolSculpting, there is no downtime. Patients can return to work immediately after their procedure. After the procedure, patients may have some redness, swelling, tenderness, bruising, or cramping near or close to the treatment site, but these side effects are usually minor. Be sure to keep hydrated after your procedure.
You can expect significant results. Soon after a procedure, in about three weeks, you’ll notice the treated area is significantly slimmer and trimmer. You’ll also notice a more sculpted look. After about two months, you’ll see your final results, and you can expect to be impressed! On average, patients get a 20 to 25 percent reduction of fat in a treated area and experience a high rate of patient satisfaction. CoolSculpting produces measurable results without the complications of liposuction. CoolSculpting is not a replacement for living an active lifestyle. To see the best results from CoolSculpting, you still want to eat healthily and engage in regular exercise.
How Much Does CoolSculpting Cost?
For most patients, CoolSculpting is entirely worth the cost. The cost of treatment depends on the area that needs to be treated, the service provider, the location of the service provider in the U.S., and other factors. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons recently estimated that the average cost of CoolSculpting is around $1480, which is typically less expensive than liposuction, often by $1000 or more. And because there’s no downtime with CoolSculpting, you won’t have to take time off from work and lose earnings like you would with liposuction.
Does CoolSculpting Work?
Yes, it really does! The procedure works by targeting, freezing, and eventually destroying fat cells in targeted locations. In the weeks following the procedure, the fat cells die out, and then the body disposes of them naturally. And once these cells are gone from the body, they’re gone for good, so you won’t have to worry about them coming back! So long as you prevent existing fat cells from expanding, you’ll be able to maintain your results.
Where Can I Get CoolSculpting?
If you live in or near the Delray Beach FL area, then you can get CoolSculpting done right here at Dr. Mylissa’s Medical Boutique. We’re located at 1441 S. Congress Avenue Delray Beach, FL 33445. We also offer CoolTone for further toning and muscle strengthening, which can be complementary to CoolSculpting. To learn more about our services and how they can benefit you, get in touch with our med spa today. Call us at 561-330-9444. You can book a consultation with our med spa at that number or online.
We hope to hear from you soon here at Dr. Mylissa’s Medical Boutique in Delray Beach!
- Ingargiola, M. J., Motakef, S., Chung, M. T., Vasconez, H. C., & Sasaki, G. H. (2015). Cryolipolysis for fat reduction and body contouring: safety and efficacy of current treatment paradigms. Plastic and reconstructive surgery, 135(6), 1581–1590. https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0000000000001236
- Krueger, N., Mai, S. V., Luebberding, S., & Sadick, N. S. (2014). Cryolipolysis for noninvasive body contouring: clinical efficacy and patient satisfaction. Clinical, cosmetic and investigational dermatology, 7, 201–205. https://doi.org/10.2147/CCID.S44371
- Savacini, M. B., Bueno, D. T., Molina, A. C., Lopes, A. C., Silva, C. N., Moreira, R. G., . . . Liebano, R. E. (2018). Effectiveness and Safety of Contrast Cryolipolysis for Subcutaneous-Fat Reduction. Dermatology Research and Practice, 2018, 1-9. doi:10.1155/2018/5276528