The VI Peels are a collection of five medical-grade peels that address wrinkles, acne scars, age spots, and other skin concerns. These peels contain a rich blend of exfoliating nutrients to increase collagen, restoring a youthful appearance. The effective treatment is an extensive improvement to peels of the past, with less discomfort and more effective results. By the end of 3-4 treatments, patients will see a remarkable improvement in skin tone, texture, and wrinkles.
Patients wishing to achieve youthful skin can turn to Dr. Mylissa’s Medical Boutique in Delray Beach. For years, patients have relied on Dr. Mylissa Graber and her knowledgeable staff to look and feel their very best.
- 1 About VI Peels
- 2 Areas Treated with VI Peel
- 3 Benefits
- 4 Ideal Candidates
- 5 Personal Consultation with Dr. Mylissa
- 6 Preparation
- 7 Procedure
- 8 Recovery
- 9 Results
- 10 Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
- 11 Cost of VI Peel Treatment in Delray Beach
- 12 FAQ
- 13 References
About VI Peels
Chemoexfoliation, achieved with chemical peels, has been in use since Ancient Egypt. Women applied sour milk to their skin in order to rejuvenate their skin with its lactic acid.  Ancient Greek and Roman literature describes image-conscious ancients using the tartaric acid found in grapes to exfoliate their skin. In 1874, Austrian dermatologist Ferdinand von Hebra used facial peeling techniques to treat skin conditions, including pigmentation melasma and Addison’s disease. A few years later, in 1882, German physician Paul G. Unna began using salicylic acid, resorcinol, trichloroacetic acid (TCA), and phenol for facial treatments.
Many of these ingredients are still in use today. The development of VI Peels was the result of a desire to bring more advanced treatment to patients, regardless of their skin tone. Applying these pharmaceutical-grade peels removes the outer layer of blemished skin while encouraging new, smoother skin to come into view. VI Peel allows patients to enjoy a streamlined skin rejuvenation without a long recovery.
VI Peel Treatments Uses These Five Acids to Rejuvenate the Skin
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA): This scar repairing chemical perforates through the deepest layer of the skin to increase collagen and remove dead cells.  Consequently, newer healthy skin emerges and removes evidence of pigmentation, scarring, or wrinkles.
- Phenol: A powerful chemical similar to TCA that also penetrates through the outer layers of the epidermis to remove damaged skin and wrinkles. 
- Retin-A: This medication is a form of vitamin A that renews skin cells, unclogs pores, and manages oil production.
- Salicylic Acid: Salicylic acid is a common ingredient found in acne products. It allows dead skin cells to be shed and deep cleans pores. 
- Vitamin C: This vitamin is an antioxidant and brightening agent to revitalize the skin and protect it from pigmentation and acne.
Areas Treated with VI Peel
While VI Peels are used to treat facial skin, they can be applied to other areas of your body. They include:
- Upper chest and decolleté
The fast-acting chemicals of a VI Peel deep clean the skin to remove impurities. After the treatment, patients can look forward to radiant, glowing skin. Patients also enjoy:
- Revitalized skin texture, tone, and clarity
- Reduced appearance of wrinkles, lines, hyperpigmentation, and freckles
- Increased collagen production
- Results can be seen in one week
- Less discomfort and downtime than other treatments
VI Peel treatment allows healthy patients to address minimal to mild skin imperfections with a non-surgical treatment. It has treated patients of multiple skin types, tones, and complexions. Before beginning your treatment, we’ll meet with you to evaluate and determine if this treatment is right for you.
VI Peels Are Suitable For Patients Who Are
- Healthy, without underlying health conditions including keloids or cancerous growth
- Looking to correct uneven skin tone, wrinkles, or sun damage
- Not currently experiencing acne, rashes, or open wounds
- Not sensitive to the treatment’s chemicals
- Not currently using certain skin treatments containing Accutane
- Not prone to scarring
Personal Consultation with Dr. Mylissa
Dr. Mylissa’s Medical Boutique believes everybody has the right to look and feel their best. Inside our med spa in beautiful Delray Beach is a devoted staff who strives to provide affordable aesthetic solutions to improve their patients’ quality of life.
Your discussion at our office is your opportunity to evaluate your options for achieving smoother, supple skin. We’ll first inquire about your skin health to ensure you meet the requirements for a VI Peel. This entails reviewing pertinent information about your skin care regimen and health information. Then, we’ll take the time to examine your skin for pigmentation irregularities, wrinkles, and other related concerns. Once we’ve collected enough information, we’ll discuss your personalized treatment method. If we feel a VI Peel meets your needs, we’ll discuss the treatment in more detail. Finally, we’ll set up your appointment!
VI Peel patients can prepare for treatment by completing a few simple instructions before coming in. They include:
- Discontinue certain acne medications such as Accutane or Differin.
- Let us know if you’re experiencing an acne outbreak or other skin condition. Your appointment may need to be rescheduled until it clears up.
- Limit sun exposure in preparing for treatment.
- Refrain from waxing, shaving, plucking, or applying any products to the face on the day of the appointment.
You’ll be in the helpful hands of our estheticians, Illana or Katie, during your treatment. Before we begin, we’ll thoroughly cleanse your face.  Then, we’ll apply the first layer of the VI Peel solution with a brush. This first step penetrates deep through the skin, and as a result, you may feel a mild tingling sensation. This reaction is entirely normal and will calm down after treatment is complete. Next, we’ll apply the second application to the skin to remove toxins and dead skin on a deeper level. Your skin may temporarily turn frosted white, as the peel takes effect. Your treatment will be complete in just 20-45 minutes, and you can leave our care. Please leave the application on your face until later in the day.
You can resume your routine immediately after treatment and gently remove the application with a mild cleanser and water in 4-6 hours. To further help with the aftercare process, you will be provided with a post-peel kit and encouraged to download the official VI Peel app for iOS and Android. The mobile application will give helpful recovery tips and reminders.
You may experience mild redness, swelling, irritation, and dryness for the next several days.  To minimize these effects, reduce your time in the sun and use the post-peel protectant to soothe discomfort. During this time, your skin may peel or become flaky. While tempting, avoid picking or scratching the treatment area. This phase should last about a week, then afterward, you can look forward to a refreshed layer of skin.
You will see significant improvements in your skin once your symptoms improve. After 3-4 additional sessions spaced in 4-6 weeks, you will see optimal results of impeccably improved skin with a radiant glow.
Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
VI Peels are just one of the many choices Dr. Mylissa’s Medical Boutique patients have. When we meet to discuss your skin concerns, she may recommend other treatments to liven up the skin. They include:
Patients wanting baby-smooth skin can do so with dermaplaning. The treatment thoroughly cleans the skin with a medical-grade blade to gingerly remove dead skin and peach fuzz.
BTL Exilis Ultra
BTL Exilis Ultra is an excellent treatment for patients who want lasting-lasting resilient skin without surgery. This skin tightening procedure uses radiofrequency energy to tighten the skin and remove wrinkles by initiating collagen to enhance the underlying skin structure.
Cost of VI Peel Treatment in Delray Beach
The final cost of your VI Peel experience will depend on the number of treatments needed to achieve your ultimate skin care goals. A consultation will estimate the number of sessions required and your total cost. You can also call us ahead to receive an estimated price range.
Treat yourself or a loved one to aesthetic elegance! Purchase a gift certificate to any of our popular treatments, including VI Peel, Kybella, PRP treatments, and more. Click here or call (561) 508-8089 for more information.
Will I be able to wear cosmetics after a VI Peel treatment?
Yes, patients can continue to wear makeup once their symptoms resolve, typically in about a week.
Will a VI Peel treatment hurt?
The VI treatment is extremely tolerable. During the treatment and recovery stage, patients may experience mild tingling, but this will resolve itself once the process ends.
- Samargandy, S., & Raggio, B. S. (2020). Skin Resurfacing Chemical Peels. PubMed; StatPearls Publishing. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK547752/
- Fischer, T., Perosino, E., Poli, F., Viera, M., & Dreno, B. (2010). Chemical peels in aesthetic dermatology: an update 2009. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, 24(3), 281–292. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-3083.2009.03409.x
- Smith, V. (2016, September). An overview of chemical peels. The PMFA Journal. https://www.thepmfajournal.com/features/post/an-overview-of-chemical-peels