ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi MD is a line of medical grade skincare products backed by scientific research and innovation. The key philosophy underpinning the ZO brand is the creation of healthy skin routines rather than merely treating damage and disease. As more and more secrets of skin success are unlocked through research, the innovative field of skincare expands, creating products that are more effective than ever.
If your skincare products just aren’t working out for you anymore, or if you’re looking for more effective ways to fight signs of aging, it may be time to rethink your regimen. When wrinkles and laxity emerge, or if skin becomes too oily or too dry, we often barrage it with creams, exfoliants, and moisturizers. However, constantly switching between products can throw off your skin’s natural balance, and can even make things worse! With ZO Skin Health, there’s a wide range of targeted treatments designed to provide you with softer, smoother, healthier-looking skin. What’s more, these products contain growth factors that stimulate tissue healing, while others act as a shield to protect delicate skin from harmful free radicals.
The team at Dr. Mylissa’s Medical Boutique in Delray Beach can help you find the perfect combination of ZO products for healthy, revitalized skin. To book a skin care consultation and learn more about the products and other helpful treatments we offer, contact our office at (561) 330-9444, or by filling out our online inquiry form.
- 1 About ZO Skin Health
- 2 Exfoliating Polish
- 3 Growth Factor Serum
- 4 The key to ZO Growth Factor Serum’s success is its ingredients!
- 5 Daily Power Defense
- 6 Book a Personal Consultation with Dr. Mylissa
- 7 References
About ZO Skin Health
As the brainchild of world-renowned dermatologist Zein Obagi, MD, ZO Skin Health was designed to provide advanced skincare solutions supported by science. Based in Beverly Hills, ZO produces products for all skin tones and types. Medical-grade skincare products contain effective, high-quality ingredients that supply your skin with strengthening nutrients, deep hydration, and powerful defenses against signs of aging. A consult with a professional aesthetician is the best way to find out which ones are right for you.
Characteristics of Healthy Skin
The importance of maintaining healthy skin cannot be overstated. Healthy skin is a barrier that:
- Shields the body from harmful pathogens
- Retains moisture for whole body hydration
- Protects the body from chemicals, allergens, and irritants
- Produces Vitamin D to defend the body against UV rays
- Has good elasticity for the prevention of wrinkles and lines
- Has robust regenerative properties to when damaged (1)
Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate!
Key components of a successful skin care routine include protection, prevention, cleansing, and moisturizing.(2) But, the removal of dead skin and excess oil can only be achieved with an effective exfoliant. An exfoliating treatment uses an abrasive substance, such as microcrystals, to polish and resurface the surface of the skin. Usually, the finer the crystals, the more effective the exfoliation. A key component in skin health, and many exfoliants, is Vitamin C. Vitamin C stimulates collagen synthesis and its properties protect the body from UV damage.(3) Not only does exfoliating daily unclog pores, but it also helps to even out your skin tone, encourages good circulation, and assists the absorption of other replenishing products to help keep your skin looking and feeling healthy.
Collagen, Elastin, and Hyaluronic Acid
Another result of a good skincare regimen is the healthy production of the skin’s key components; collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. Collagen is an important structural protein that helps skin maintain its firmness and strength. Studies demonstrate that the collagen content of younger, and healthier skin exceeds 75%. However, as we age, that collagen supply slowly becomes depleted.(4) Additional research shows that collagen levels decline by 1% every year after the age of 20, which causes skin to become less resilient.(5)
Elastin is the main component of the elastic skin fibers that allow skin to stretch and recoil, while hyaluronic acid retains moisture to keep skin healthy and supple. Although these important substances are naturally produced by the body, they can also be found in skin health and anti-aging products.
Defend Against Signs of Aging
Skin aging is induced by intrinsic factors that we cannot control, and those we can manipulate, known as extrinsic factors. Intrinsic factors include those that happen no matter what we do to prevent them, and are heavily dictated by our genes. Over time, tissues decline, wrinkles and lines become more noticeable, and areas of fat beneath the skin, such as those in the cheeks, diminish. Extrinsic factors, on the other hand, are preventable, and include the following:
- Photo damage (UV exposure)
- Severe physical and psychological stress
- Alcohol intake
- Poor diet
Free radicals are molecules with unstable bonds that damage your skin and cause oxidative stress.(6) This is an imbalance between free radicals and the body’s natural antioxidants. To protect our skin from free radicals, and other factors, it is advisable to find barrier creams and serums that protect skin from damaging environmental stressors and fight premature signs of aging.
ZO Exfoliating Polish is one of our bestsellers! The Good Housekeeping Institute Beauty Lab recently voted it in the Top 6 Best Exfoliating Face Scrubs! It’s a gentle polish that removes debris, brightens skin tone, and evens out pigmentation. The luxurious 2.3 oz pot contains a suspension of ultra-fine magnesium oxide crystals to slough away debris and smooth the skin’s surface to a satin-soft finish. It also contains Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate; a stable form of vitamin C that helps to brighten and revitalize skin.
How To Use ZO Exfoliating Polish
Knowing when to apply an exfoliant is important, and ZO’s Exfoliating Polish couldn’t be easier to use! Simply massage the revitalizing mixture onto your damp face and neck after completing your cleansing routine. By working the microcrystals into the skin in circular motions, you can wipe away the topmost layers of dead skin cells, rinse off the polish completely with water, and achieve fresher, smoother skin with a rejuvenated glow!
Growth Factor Serum
Serums are liquids composed of tiny molecules that sink into the surface of the skin quickly. Growth factors are special proteins that naturally occur in the body. They fortify structures that strengthen and protect the skin and enhance production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. ZO’s Growth Factor Serum is formulated with plant and enzyme growth factors that can:
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reinforce and restore the skin’s protective barrier
- Improve the overall appearance of your skin
- Promote skin healing proteins
The key to ZO Growth Factor Serum’s success is its ingredients!
ZO Growth Factor Serum: Key Ingredients
- Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate – Boosts structural skin proteins, increases hyaluronic acid synthesis
- Red Ginseng Extract – Anti-inflammatory, fights signs of aging
- ZPRO – Patented – ZO Skin Health exclusive antioxidant protects skin, promotes collagen and hyaluronic acid production
- Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate – Wrinkle-smoothing peptide
- Beta Glucan – Deeply hydrates, locks in moisture
- Angelica Root Extract – Antioxidant, evens and brightens tone
Apply ZO Growth Factor Serum to clean, dry skin for 12 weeks and see a reduction in wrinkles, smoother texture, and increased firmness!
Daily Power Defense
Zo’s Daily Power Defense serum contains potent antioxidants that fight skin-aging free radicals. It visibly reduces signs of aging, provides vital skin support to strengthen moisture barriers and defend against oxidative damage.
What’s in Daily Power Defense?
The key ingredients in Daily Power Defense include:
- Vitamins A + E – Essential antioxidants that shield skin from environmental damage
- ZO-RRS2 – ZO exclusive plant-derived complex that promotes free radical neutralization, soothes skin redness
- ZPOLY – ZO exclusive plant-derived polysaccharide complex, minimizes signs of premature aging extends hydration
- Micrococcus Lysate, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract – Key Enzymes that support optimum skin cell health
Apply ZO Daily Power Defense morning and night for stronger, healthier-looking skin!
Book a Personal Consultation with Dr. Mylissa
Speak to Dr. Mylissa to find a skin care regimen that works best for you. Explore your ZO Skin Health options and other aesthetic services by booking a personal skin consultation at our Delray Beach medical boutique. Find medical-quality products and receive expert advice at Dr. Mylissa’s! Call us today at (561) 330-9444 or fill out an online form to submit an inquiry.
- Ganceviciene, R., Liakou, A. I., Theodoridis, A., Makrantonaki, E., & Zouboulis, C. C. (2012). Skin anti-aging strategies. Dermato-Endocrinology, 4(3), 308–319. https://doi.org/10.4161/derm.22804
- Rodan, K., Fields, K., Majewski, G., & Falla, T. (2016). Skincare Bootcamp. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Global Open, 4(12), e1152. https://doi.org/10.1097/gox.0000000000001152
- Pullar, J. M., Carr, A. C., & Vissers, M. C. M. (2017). The Roles of Vitamin C in Skin Health. Nutrients, 9(8), 866. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu9080866
- Scientific American (2018). Why does skin wrinkle with age? What is the best way to slow or prevent this process? Retrieved from Scientific American website: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-does-skin-wrinkle-wit/
- Bolke, L., Schlippe, G., Gerß, J., & Voss, W. (2019). A Collagen Supplement Improves Skin Hydration, Elasticity, Roughness, and Density: Results of a Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Blind Study. Nutrients, 11(10), 2494. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu11102494
- Poljšak, B., & Dahmane, R. (2012). Free Radicals and Extrinsic Skin Aging. Dermatology Research and Practice, 2012, 1–4. https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/135206